The long-awaited summer holidays are here and we know it can be hard to keep the little ones occupied throughout the holidays. With that in mind we have rounded together our top 5 attractions for summer 2017. From exploring our local history to getting closer to nature and discovering the beautiful views at Exbury Gardens – There’s a fun-filled family day out for all!
- Beaulieu Motor Museum – Head into the heart of the village Beaulieu for a family day out this summer, as a fascinating programme of living history brings Beaulieu to life with the sights and sounds of the past.
Watch falconry displays, learn about the history, care and training of these magnificent birds. Head over to the Palace House and enjoy some good old-fashioned fun with Victorian games on the lawn. Dive right into the historic action, dress up as a monk and join a guided tour of Beaulieu Abbey.
Don’t forget your ticket also grants you access to The National Motor Museum and World of Top Gear. See over 250 vehicles from Formula 1 cars and land speed record breakers to incredible examples of pioneering motoring. At the World of Top Gear see iconic cars from memorable TV challenges in the condition they were left in! Plus step into the Enormodrome to get the feel for the BBC Top Gear studio.
- Paultons Park – The UK’s number 1 theme park is situated only a few miles away from all of our hotels. Its home to Peppa Pig World, has over 70 wonderful rides and attractions all included in the ticket price. The park is set within 140 acres of beautiful parkland on the edge of the New Forest National Park. Be sure to check out their newly added attraction, ‘The Lost Kingdom’. Home to a whole host of dinosaur attractions including two world class rollercoasters, life-like animatronic Dinosaurs, Jurassic themed family rides, a prehistoric dinosaur adventure play park.
- Marwell Zoo – Get closer to the wonders of the natural world at Marwell Zoo. Meet 100s of animals including giraffes, tigers and penguins, explore the 140 acre park and playgrounds, ride their train and join the daily talks and animal feeds. There is a café available to grab a bite to eat and rest your feet and a gift shop – The perfect place to let the kids spend their pennies!
- Exbury Gardens and Steam Railway – Explore the 20 miles of pathways, three woodlands and parkland which are perfect for little legs this time of year. In the gardens, children can discover plants that existed before dinosaurs roamed the Earth! A family trail is available to purchase which includes a detailed, fun map guide with questions and a word search. Don’t forget to pack your picnic – There are two designated picnic areas, one close to the Jubilee Pond with its lazy koi carp and hovering dragonflies, and a second close to the Five Arrows Gallery which has exhibitions all year.
- Go Ape at Moors Valley Country Park – For a day packed with adventure choose Go Apes Tree Top Adventure. Enjoy flying down zip-wires, leaping off their Tarzan Swing and tackling the obstacles whilst enjoying some of Britain’s most breath-taking scenery.
The juniors can have a fun-filled experience of canopy exploring, trail blazing and obstacles. They can take o crossing over trails and finish with an excited zip wire. The outdoor adventure is for all abilities so explorers can uncover the forest canopy from 6 years to 106 years!
After a day full of fun and adventure join us for a delicious dinner in one of our restaurants then head up to your room for a relaxing evening with the family.
Haven’t booked your summer break yet? Book with our New Forest Attraction Break package and receive complimentary tickets to one of the following: Beaulieu Motor Museum, Exbury Gardens, Marwell Zoo or Buckler’s Hard.