Our Home Recipes
Honey Pork Noodles
“Packed with aromatic flavours these sticky pork noodles are an Asian inspired recipe with a tangy and sticky marinade made from hoisin sauce, garlic cloves and limes, crunchy stir-fry veg and if you have time, tasty homemade noodles.” – Maja Palmer, Forest Lodge Chef.
For the pork:
Over 1.2kg of pork shoulder
1 tsp of 5 Spice
2 tbsp clear honey
1. Heat the oven to 150C.
2. Place the pork shoulder onto a baking tray.
3. Rub hoisin and honey into the pork to make sure the whole meat is covered.
4. Sprinkle 5 Spice over the top of the pork.
5. Pour some water into a baking tray and cover with silver foil.
6. Roast for 3-4 hours, it should be falling apart when ready.
7. When cooked, slice the pork into small slices.
Asian Chicken Stock (makes 1.5-1.7 l):
1 whole chicken
1 bunch of spring onions, chopped
1 small white onion, peeled and cut
40g of ginger, peeled and cut
1 star anise
Small handful of chopped parsley
1 tsp of black peppercorns
3l of water
1 kaffir lime leaf
1-3 tsp of dry chilli seeds
2 fresh green chillies, cut
Dash of soy sauce
1. In a pan add some olive oil, when heated up, add garlic, ginger, chillies.
2. Add chicken bones and parsley and mix together, add water and bring to the boil.
3. Simmer on low heat for 1 1/2 hours.
4. Skim off the fat, strain when ready and leave to cool.
For the broth:
1.5l of your chicken stock
500 ml water
4 tbsp fish sauce
8 tsp palm sugar
2 fresh small, super hot chillies
Asian garlic scapes, cut into small bits
(Bring all the ingredients to the boil, and make sure they are well combined.)
Small carrot, cut finely into Julienne
Canned bamboo shoots, drained
Baby corn, cut
Bok choy, chopped
(Cook on low heat until all the vegetables are cooked to your liking.)
3 packets of Ready Udon noodles
(Cook Udon noodles, in boiling water for around 8 minutes.)
Homemade Udon noodles
500 g of plain flour
250 g of water
25 g of salt
1. Knead the dough, until all ingredients are well combined.
2. Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
3. Knead some more, until the dough becomes smooth.
4. Place in the plastic bag or an air tight container and leave overnight.
5. On the day of serving, roll out the dough and cut into strips.
6. Boil water and place noodles in the pot until just tender (about 3 minutes for fresh).
For serving you will need:
Fresh coriander, chopped
1. Place noodles in a serving bowl.
2. Spoon out vegetables over the noodles, and place the cut pork on top.
3. Pour broth into the bowl around the noodle and sprinkle with fresh coriander and crispy onions.
Recipe by Maja Palmer, Forest Lodge Chef
|Gold 0+ points||Platinum 2,500+ points||Black 10,000+ points|
|Exclusive members only offers|
|Complimentary upgrade at check-in (when booked direct)|
|10% off cycle hire with Forest Leisure Cycling|
|15% off hotel bar drinks from 4pm-7pm|
|Up to 50% off Exbury Gardens and Steam Railway tickets|
|Up to 30% off Beaulieu National Motor Museum tickets|
|Up to 25% off Buckler’s Hard tickets|
|Up to 33% off New Forest Wildlife Park tickets|
|Up to 25% off Marwell Zoo tickets|
|10% off lunch bill at Burley Manor and The Drift Inn (Monday - Saturday)|
|Birthday treat - complimentary fizz when you dine and room upgrade (in month of birthday and when booked direct)|
|Choice of complimentary morning newspaper|
|Early check-in and late check-out privileges|
|10% off accommodation (when booked direct)|
|1015% off Temple Spa treatments||10%||15%|
|1015% off food||10%||15%|
|15% off drink||15%|
|10% off conference & events|
*All benefits are subject to availability and terms & conditions, attraction tickets must be purchased direct with us to receive discounts.