Wedding and Events Manager
Bartley Lodge Hotel, Nr Lyndhurst
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge?
We are searching for someone who has experience in planning and organising events, with a real passion for delivering excellent customer service. A smart professional appearance and approachable manner is desired.
The ideal candidate will thrive on meeting people and enjoy building rapports with customers – An outgoing and friendly personality is a must. Working independently, you will have experience in managing your own time, possess good organisation skills and have attention for detail.
A major part of the role will be conducting new show rounds at the venue and following these up to convert into bookings. Also acting as the main point of contact for all existing customers, as well as new ones too.
Extensive knowledge of the hospitality industry, specifically weddings and events is key, with an interest in keeping up to date with the ever changing trends. A proven record in converting show rounds to bookings is essential – Using initiative, sales techniques and negotiation skills to achieve this. This is an exciting opportunity to really make this role your own – It requires an energetic individual to drive business that enjoys working towards and achieving targets.
- Dealing with enquiries, producing comprehensive quotes and written confirmations to all customers – Ensuring contracts are signed and received
- To act as a main point of contact for all existing customers, as well as new ones too
- Organise and carry out effective show rounds ensuring all viewings are followed up by phone to maximise bookings
- Manage all deposits, payments due by the customer, including final payments
- Meeting, organising and outlining a clear wedding/event schedule which is then communicated to the operations team
- Send weekly reports to the group events co-ordinator
- Assist the marketing department in planning events at the hotel
- Attend exhibitions and showcase events
Qualifications & Experience:
- Work experience in the events and wedding industry required
- Excellent customer service skills both written and verbal essential
- Excellent IT skills including word, excel and outlook
- Good organisational skills
- Grade C above in English or Math GCSE or equivalent qualification
- Up to £23,500 depending on experience, plus commission
- 48 hour contract, working 5 days out of 7 (Evenings & weekends)
- Perk Box – access to the best perks from some of the UK’s biggest brands including discounts off your weekly shop.
- Cycle to work scheme – purchase yourself a new bike with generous discount and spread the cost
- Active Social Committee – Get involved in social events in and outside of work
- Excellent opportunities for training and development
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday per year plus a duvet day on your birthday
- Healthcare benefits – discounted private healthcare
- Staff loyalty card – rewarding you with discounts up to 50% off our products and services
- Free staff parking
- Escape to the sun and receive a discounted rate at our sister resort in Cyprus
Transport is essential due to location of hotel.
Due to the high volume of applicants that we receive we are not able to get back to every candidate. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.Apply Now