Forest Lodge Hotel, Lyndhurst
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Restaurant Manager to join the team our team at Forest Lodge Hotel.
We are seeking someone that has previous Restaurant Supervisory experience in a busy and high-volume restaurant, as well as a positive and outgoing personality that leads from the front.
You’ll be able to host a room and set the tone in a relaxed, yet professional service style – creating an upbeat, vibrant atmosphere and of course ensuring an enjoyable experience for all.
- Develop, train and inspire the team to deliver exceptional customer service that is relaxed, yet attentive
- Recruit and induct all new food & beverage team members
- Ensure the smooth operation of breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea & dinner service
- Create and develop structures and practices that enable to the team to deliver the best possible service
- Liaise with reception regarding table bookings & utilise Bookatable to maximise covers during busy times
- Assist with controlling budgets and achieving financial goals
- Work closely with the management team to continue to grow the reputation of the restaurant
- Control and maintain stock of beverage – Ensuring menus are changed frequently
- Maintain a good relationship with kitchen and work closely with the Head Chef
- Act as a brand ambassador for the restaurant and your team
Skills & attributes:
- Previous proven Restaurant Manager experience
- Hands on, floor based management style
- Full of enthusiasm & energy
- Warm & engaging personality
- Excellent knowledge of industry, food & drink
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Passion for training & developing team members
- Interest in Mediterranean cuisine
Salary & benefits:
- Up to £25,000 per annum plus service charge
- 48-hour contract, working 5 days out of 7 (Evenings & weekends)
- 28 days holiday per year plus a duvet day on your birthday
- Free meals on duty & uniform included
- Fantastic career development, training & opportunities
- Perk Box – access to the best perks from some of the UK’s biggest brands including discounts off your weekly shop.
- Cycle to work scheme – purchase yourself a new bike with generous discount and spread the cost
- Active Social Committee – Get involved in social events in and outside of work
- Excellent opportunities for training and development
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare benefits – discounted private healthcare
- Staff loyalty card – rewarding you with discounts up to 50% off our products and services
- Free staff parking
- Escape to the sun and receive a discounted rate at our sister resort in Cyprus
- Due to the high volume of applicants that we receive we are not able to get back to every candidate. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.