An opportunity has arisen for a Reservations Apprentice to join our established hotel group based in the New Forest. This role would ideally suit a student looking to progress a career within hospitality or gain a deeper understanding of how to maximise revenue within a commercial business. Hospitality is an exciting and varied sector and the successful applicant will have the opportunity to gain practical and beneficial experience.
You will benefit from working within a busy and vibrant team reporting directly to the Revenue and Yield Manager whilst undertaking well recognised apprenticeship training.
Made up of 70% on the job experience, 20% mentoring & coaching and just 10% classroom learning, Umbrella Training’s learning model gives apprentices the chance to work with experienced hospitality professionals, gain valuable work experience and study for a qualification whilst earning.
What you will be doing:
- Taking reservations by phone, e-mail and online.
- Sending out brochure requests (wedding and leisure).
- Dealing with inquiries via the telephone and e-mail.
- General administration (filing, recording data, making up wedding & conference packs, etc).
- Delegated work from the Revenue Manager.
- Dealing with inquiries on Live Chat.
- Balancing hotel payments and taking payments.
- Any other tasks within their capabilities as and when required by the company.
The role requires a compliant individual who is able to work accurately and communicate effectively with the hotel teams. The ideal candidate will be an organised and a confident character.
With a commitment to training, developing and investing in our people, once you have completed your apprenticeship there will be opportunities to progress within and continue your development to a higher-level apprenticeship.
So, if you’re an energetic individual, eager to learn and keen to start a new career, we’re looking for you. No previous hospitality experience is required.
Salary & hours:
- £5 per hour with a guaranteed pay rise upon completing the first year of your apprenticeship
- Typical working week will be 35 hours per week, some weekends and evenings are required
- 20 days holiday per year, plus a duvet day on your birthday and bank holidays
- Perk Box – access to the best perks from some of the UK’s biggest brands including discounts off your weekly shop.
- Cycle to work scheme – purchase yourself a new bike with generous discount and spread the cost
- Active Social Committee – Get involved in social events in and outside of work
- Excellent opportunities for training and development
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare benefits – discounted private healthcare
- Staff loyalty card – rewarding you with discounts up to 50% off our products and services
- Free staff parking
- Escape to the sun and receive a discounted rate at our sister resort in Cyprus
Due to the high volume of applicants that we receive we are not able to get back to every candidate. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.