Pub Head Chef
Beaulieu Hotel, Beaulieu
Pub Head Chef – Beaulieu and the Drift Inn
Set in the heart of the New Forest National Park, New Forest Hotels, includes four hotels – Bartley Lodge, Beaulieu Hotel, Forest Lodge and Moorhill House – Burley Manor, a restaurant and rooms and a country pub restaurant, the Drift Inn.
Committed to investing in our people and being recognised as a first-class employer, that cares for, develops, inspires and empowers its people, we ensure everyone is given the opportunity to develop themselves personally and in their careers.
Our mission is simple – to create unique, memorable and enjoyable experiences for our guests by delivering outstanding service and hospitality that reflects the individual natures of our hotels and restaurants.
You will bring:
- At least 3 years previous experience working in a busy professional pub or restaurant kitchen at Senior Sous or Head Chef level. An advanced understanding of all basic cooking techniques.
- A proven ability to train and manage a team of chefs from KP to Sous Chef level in order to deliver a consistent service.
- Experience of menu creation with effective costing.
- Financial and business awareness in order to keep to budgets and drive profits.
- The ability to deliver excellent standards and display a willingness to learn
- The desire to develop your skills as well as show creativity and passion in your work
- A friendly and positive attitude
- GCSE (or equivalent qualification) in Maths and English
- NVQ Level 2 – Professional Cookery (or equivalent apprenticeship)
- NVQ Level 2 – Pastry (or equivalent apprenticeship)
- Minimum level 2 food safety certificate (level 3 is preferable)
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel, word and outlook
- Knowledge of Procure Wizard (not essential, training will be given)
You will be:
- Responsible for adhering to Health and safety guidelines – implementing COSHH & Risk Assessment training
- Responsible for maintaining our 5 Star scores on the doors result with environmental health in the kitchen area
- Responsible for following our HACCP Policy and implementing the food safety standards on a day to day basis
- Responsible for ensuring all staff are trained on allergen specific information and process.
- Responsible for ensuring kitchen hygiene is adhered and actioned upon, as per our food safety auditors guidelines and monthly reports
- Responsible for maintaining a Professional approach at all times with an emphasis on teamwork
- Responsible for chef recruitment and conducting Chef Inductions, assessments, probation and appraisals.
- Responsible for effective management of Kitchen Staff Duties
- Responsible for costings for all menus utilizing our online procurement tool
- Responsible for maintaining Recipe cards / Dish spec sheets are up to date & accurate
- Responsible for ensuring our team are developed through our appraisal process
- Responsible for ensuring Mentor-ship to our Apprentice chefs through our apprenticeship agreement
- Resolving poor performance through our development plans
- Implementing daily briefings / Weekly meetings / Monthly debriefs to implement change.
- Attending front of house internal weekly event meetings
- Highly motivated, proactive and reliable
- Clean and tidy, conforming to all food and hygiene legislation
- Available to work 48 hours per week on a split shift rota including evenings, weekends, bank holidays and during busy holiday periods.
You will receive:
- Up to £35,000.00 per annum depending on experience, plus bonus
- 28 days holiday per year plus a duvet day on your birthday (contracted roles only)
- Stylish uniform provided
- Fantastic career development and training opportunities
- Other benefits including: perk box, private healthcare package, staff loyalty card, active social committee, discounts at our sister resort in Cyprus (all subject to qualifying criteria and terms and conditions)
- Free staff parking
Due to the high volume of applicants that we receive we are not able to get back to every candidate. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Own travel is essential due to locationApply Now