Operational Executive Assistant
New Forest Hotels
This role would ideally suit a hospitality graduate who has recently completed their degree.
This role will provide operational support to the portfolio of New Forest Hotels’ venues, at the direction of the Managing Director. You will work alongside the Hotel General Managers and other Hotel staff and the Central Support Office team to drive through the implementation of venue action and improvement plans. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will work to support the delivery of plans agreed by the board of Directors to ensure New Forest Hotel’s strategic goals and objectives are met / exceeded.
- Liaising with the Managing Director on a daily basis to ensure the continued smooth running of the business.
- Support the implementation of New Forest Hotel’s strategic business plans.
- Support the implementation of hotel improvement plans.
- Lead project implementation for the delivery of results on behalf of the Managing Director.
- Investigating elevated customer complaints and reporting any issues to the Managing Director. Also ensuring any learning points are shared with all business unit managers.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all Hotel and CSO Managers
- Prepare various reports for the managing director and the chairman.
- Responsible for the implementation of changes to all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that the company achieves their business objectives and a safe and healthy working environment is maintained at all company sites.
- Carry out investigations into non-compliance as and when required and highlight any potential actions/resolutions.
- On occasions, you may be asked to step in to cover the absence of a Hotel General Manager by fulfilling Duty Management shifts and rota preparation.
- Communicate with suppliers on a regular basis for example where there are contractual issues.
- Provide support to other team members as and when required for example where there are issues with tills, PDQ, Wifi, telephones etc.
- Coordination of insurance claims and company insurance
- Act as a Personal Assistant to the Managing Director and the Chairman of the group.
- Working with appropriate CSO departments to deal with all legal matters that occur.
- Ensure each hotels’ license is current and up to date, liaising with the local authorities with regards to any anomalies and resolving these.
- Involvement in ensuring the hotels are compliant with company policies and procedures
- To ensure all documents are filed, and any confidential matter is placed in a secure location
- Management of the admin team including the Office Manager and the Senior Office Administrator
- Management of the Group Roaming Receptionist and the Group Spring Cleaner including organizing their weekly Rota’s.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Managing Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Previous experience of managing or coordinating projects
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Good, confident telephone manner.
- A willing team player with a flexible working attitude.
- Practical and confident approach to problems solving.
- Key organizational skills including and able to work on own initiative
Salary & benefits:
- Salary scale: up to £30,000 depending on experience
- 28 days holiday per year plus a duvet day on your birthday
- Private Healthcare Package
- Fantastic career development, training & opportunities
- Perk Box – access to the best perks from some of the UK’s biggest brands including discounts off your weekly shop.
- Cycle to work scheme – purchase yourself a new bike with generous discount and spread the cost
- Active Social Committee – Get involved in social events in and outside of work
- Excellent opportunities for training and development
- Pension scheme
- Staff loyalty card – rewarding you with discounts up to 50% off our products and services
- Free staff parking
- Escape to the sun and receive a discounted rate at our 5 * sister resort in Cyprus.
Due to the high volume of applicants that we receive we are not able to get back to every candidate. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.Apply Now