House Manager/Operations Manager
New Forest Hotels
House Manager/Operations Manager
Set in the heart of the New Forest National Park, New Forest Hotels, includes four hotels – Bartley Lodge, Beaulieu Hotel, Forest Lodge and Moorhill House – Burley Manor, a restaurant and rooms and a country pub restaurant, the Drift Inn.
Committed to investing in our people and being recognised as a first-class employer that cares for, develops, inspires and empowers its people, we ensure everyone is given the opportunity to develop themselves personally and in their careers.
Our mission is simple – to create unique, memorable and enjoyable experiences for our guests by delivering outstanding service and hospitality that reflects the individual natures of our hotels and restaurants.
You will bring:
- Significant conference and banqueting experience within a busy, high end hotel
- At least 2 years management experience
- Experience and knowledge of effective operational practices relating to food and beverage and housekeeping departments
- Experience in producing smart rotas in order to ensure effective cover for the site at all times.
- Experience managing staff holiday allocations to ensure fairness and business needs are met
- Excellent food and wine knowledge and a clear vision of acceptable delivery offer
- The ability to take ownership of the responsibilities within the role.
- Experience within leisure and corporate operations
- Proven ability and passion for continuous professional development
- Experience in profit and loss accountability
- Experience in stock take and GP accountability
- A strong understanding of the payroll and working % target vs sales
- Ability to work to budgets to achieve targets.
- A strong belief and desire to work as a mentor and coach to more junior team members in order to foster a culture of continuous learning and development.
- A practical and confident approach to problem solving
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn
You will be:
- Consistent in your approach towards driving the team to achieve the highest levels of customer service at all times.
- Driven to improve functionality to achieve the highest standards
- A strong leader and motivator in order to foster effective team working in line with the company vision and direction
- An effective communicator at all levels
- Full of energy and enthusiasm with a personality to match
- Passionate about hospitality and delivering an exceptionally high-standard of service to customers
- Motivated towards meeting set targets and goals
- Enthusiastic and energetic with a warm and engaging personality
- Highly motivated, proactive and reliable
- Clean and tidy, conforming to all food and hygiene legislation
- Calm under pressure
- Available to work up to 48 hours per week including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Have your own transport as public transport links are limited
You will receive:
- Competitive salary – up to £35,000.00 per annum DOE, plus profit share
- 28 days holiday per year, plus a duvet day on your birthday (salaried roles only)
- Bespoke uniform tailored to you
- Fantastic career development and training opportunities
- Access to the best perks and discounts from some of the UK’s biggest brands, discounts across the collection for you, your family and friends, savings on private healthcare and more
- Free staff parking
Due to the high volume of applicants that we receive we are not able to get back to every candidate. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to location own transport is essentialApply Now