Situated in the New Forest National Park, our Moorhill House Hotel is currently rated with 3 AA silver stars and 1 rosette. It has 31 bedrooms and a busy weddings and events trade, boasts of stunning grounds and welcoming reception rooms. It is one of a portfolio of hotels, restaurant & rooms and a pub owned by New Forest Hotels Plc.
We are looking for a progressive Manager to lead, develop and motivate the team in order to ensure the delivery of service that exceeds our guest’s expectations.
You will be a natural leader and organiser who loves motivating people to get the best results for them and the customer, so that Moorhill House Hotel is set apart from the competition as a preferred employer and place to stay, eat and drink.
You will be responsible for the full performance of the site, recruiting and retaining your team along with pushing the business in the direction the Chairman and Directors envisage.
You will report directly into the Operations Director and have the benefit of their support together with the full support from the central office; marketing, central reservations, yield management, finance and Personnel admin, which is just 10mins down the road.
Main duties include:
- Lead by example with a hands on approach and manage effectively your team.
- Develop the team to achieve high standards of customer service through ongoing communication, training, delegation and performance and development reviews.
- Improve the hotel reviews by ensuring the standards as set out by each department are maintained and monitored, focusing on attention to detail.
- Continue to grow the wedding & events revenue.
- Maintain the Health & Safety of guests, staff and visitors through constant administration of fire procedures and equipment, swimming pool and Health & Safety Risk Assessments.
- Ensure, as the Licensee, that standards comply with the liquor license.
- Ensure company SOP’s are implemented & adhered to in each department and where required new procedures created.
- Control cost of sales and overhead expenses to enable budgeted profits to be achieved, monitoring food, liquor and staffing costs on a weekly basis.
- Understand the company brand, ensuring the team embrace and follow its guidelines.
- Work alongside our Central Support Office, understanding, communicating and adhering to the company’s procedures.
- Work with the Financial Controller to produce annual budgets and accurate forecasts, control and maintain profit and Loss to ensure your hotel targets are met.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience as a Deputy General Manager or General Manager of a 3 star or above hotel.
- An understanding of the demands of the role, including the ability to work across and cover all departments as and when necessary – including reception, restaurant, Kitchen, housekeeping, nights etc.
- A detailed knowledge and proven experience in all regulatory requirements such as H&S, Risk Assessments, COSHH, Food allergens etc.
- An understanding and knowledge of current trends & market.
- Proven ability to manage staff including rota’s, recruitment, staff inductions and regular 1 to 1’s, appraisals, managing absence and holding departmental meetings.
- The ability to deal confidently with guest issues or complaints via email and face to face.
- A passionate, enthusiastic and can do attitude with the ability to think outside the box.
Salary & benefits:
- Salary scale: up to £35,000 commensurate with experience, plus bonus
- 28 days holiday per year plus a duvet day on your birthday
- Private Healthcare Package
- Fantastic career development, training & opportunities
- Perk Box – access to the best perks from some of the UK’s biggest brands including discounts off your weekly shop.
- Cycle to work scheme – purchase yourself a new bike with generous discount and spread the cost
- Active Social Committee – Get involved in social events in and outside of work
- Excellent opportunities for training and development
- Pension scheme
- Staff loyalty card – rewarding you with discounts up to 50% off our products and services
- Free staff parking
- Escape to the sun and receive a discounted rate at our 5 * sister resort in Cyprus