Moorhill House Hotel, Burley
Moorhill House Hotel
You will directly report to the general manager on a day to day capacity but you have the support of a Group executive chef in all manners food, training, development and standards.
The first process of interview is to meet our general manager
- Report to Our general manager on a day to day basis
- Support from our Group Executive Chef who wishes to appoint, develop and mentor someone with potential.
- Responsibility is broad to deliver what is required by the Company, to keep the food offer relevant, to drive sales and margins and maintain high standards and quality.
- The key is for you to manage and inspire the strong kitchen team
What’s in it For You:
- Significant career development.
- Supportive and positive working environment – we all work as a Team.
- Good Salary, plus Bonus, private medical care, perks
What we’re looking for:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and qualified Head Chef who is ready to make this change.
- Someone with a practical approach who will always enjoy getting ‘hands on’ in the kitchen, working alongside the Team
- Depth and breadth of Food Knowledge
- Proven track record of running professional kitchens that deliver “spot on” and consistent food from fresh ingredients with changing menus.
- An ability to take people with you – good interpersonal leadership and communication skills.
- A passion for training and developing the kitchen teams.
- Strong Organisational, time management, analytical and numerical ability.
- Capability to interact with Senior Management and bring thought through plans and proposals to the table.
Role and Responsibilities
To deliver the food development/vision to the company’s brand standards
- Menu strategy, development & implementation.
- Financially delivering (sales growth & GP’s)
- Suppliers / Ingredients / seasonality / accurate
- Developing & training our Kitchen team – (Chefs all levels to KP)
- Innovation & implementation of new dishes & techniques
Implement the fundamentals of kitchen practice and guide the Chefs in the following
- Kitchen Hygiene / cleaning & training implementation
- Professional approach at all times
- Develop seasonal offer with all sites/using fresh ingredients/ provenance where possible.
- Costing / Recipes / Allergens / Dish spec sheets are up to date & accurate
- Margin increase / checking weekly reports / recording all weekly figures /
- resolving poor performance through our development plans
- Chefs’ presentation and uniforms
- Have monthly / quarterly chef’s meeting / with points & action to take with group executive chef
- Implement kitchen briefings and meetings
- Menu assessment / review / Pre-organise menu meeting
- Chef assessment / team / development
- Kitchen audit
- Encouraging to work together, emphasis on teamwork
Food development / Implementation
- Menu costing
- Dish Spec Sheets
- Seasonal dishes / Developing vegan & vegetarian offer
- Improving existing menu offer – breakfast /children /Sunday roast/brasserie offer
- Training on new dishes
- Hands on kitchen developments
Salary & benefits:
- Salary:up to £32,000 depending on experience
- 48 hour contract
- Free meals on duty & uniform included
- Fantastic career development, training & opportunities
- Perk Box – access to the best perks from some of the UK’s biggest brands including discounts off your weekly shop.
- Cycle to work scheme – purchase yourself a new bike with generous discount and spread the cost
- Active Social Committee – Get involved in social events in and outside of work
- Excellent opportunities for training and development
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday per year plus a duvet day on your birthday
- Healthcare benefits – discounted private healthcare
- Staff loyalty card – rewarding you with discounts up to 50% off our products and services
- Free staff parking
- Escape to the sun and receive a discounted rate at our sister resort in Cyprus.
Due to the high volume of applicants that we receive we are not able to get back to every candidate. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.Apply Now