Head Chef – 2 AA Rosette
Forest Lodge Hotel, Lyndhurst
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented chef to join our Forest Lodge Hotel as our Head Chef. The hotel has recently been awarded 4 star rating and 2 AA Rosettes. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to progress their career within a quality and structured environment.
The concept of the restaurant has a focus on brasserie style food and it is essential that the successful candidate has this style of cooking experience.
The main responsibility of the role is to broadly deliver what is required by the Company, keeping the food offer relevant to Forest Lodge`s grill and brasserie restaurant, maintaining 2 rosette status while using quality and local ingredient, within a health & food safe timely environment.
Deliver the food vision & development of the restaurant & events kitchen
- Menu development & implementation with Group Executive Chef ensuring that dishes are operationally efficient and within the capabilities of the team to a 2 aa rosette status
- Financially delivering (sales growth & GP’s) within the company`s planning software, procure wizard.
- Maximizing the menu through utilizing the current suppliers with seasonal ingredient.
- Developing & training our Kitchen team – (Chefs all levels to KP)
- Reviewing guest feedback for the food and making changes where necessary
Implement the fundamentals of kitchen practice across the site – Implementation & Development
- Adhering to Health and safety guidelines – implementing COSHH & Risk Assessment training
- Maintaining our 5 Star scores on the doors result with environmental health in the kitchen area
- Following our HACCP Policy and implementing the food safety standards on a day to day basis
- Ensure all staff are trained on allergen specific information and process.
- Ensuring kitchen hygiene is adhered and actioned upon, as per our food safety auditors guidelines and monthly reports
- Maintaining a Professional approach at all times with an emphasis on teamwork
- Chef recruitment and Conducting Chef inductions, assessments, probation and appraisals.
- Effective management of Kitchen Staff Duties
- Costings for all menus utilizing our online procurement tool
- Maintaining Recipe cards / Dish spec sheets are up to date & accurate
- Ensuring our team are developed through our appraisal process
- Ensuring Mentor-ship to our Apprentice chefs through our apprenticeship agreement
- Resolving poor performance through our development plans
- Implement daily briefings / Weekly meetings / Monthly debriefs to implement change.
- Attending front of house internal weekly event meetings
Qualifications & experience
- GCSE (or equivalent qualification) in Math’s and English
- N.V.Q Level 2 – Professional Cookery (or equivalent apprenticeship)
- N.V.Q Level 2 – Pastry (or equivalent)
- Minimum Level 2 Food Safety Certificate (Level 3 is preferable)
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of Procure Wizard (not essential, training will be given)
- Up to £40,000.00 depending on experience plus profit share
- 48 hour contract, working 5 days out of 7 (Evenings & weekends) on a split shift rota
- Perk Box – access to the best perks from some of the UK’s biggest brands including discounts off your weekly shop.
- Cycle to work scheme – purchase yourself a new bike with generous discount and spread the cost
- Active Social Committee – Get involved in social events in and outside of work
- Excellent opportunities for training and development
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday per year plus a duvet day on your birthday
- Private healthcare package
- Staff loyalty card – rewarding you with discounts up to 50% off our products and services
- Free staff parking
- Escape to the sun and receive a discounted rate at our sister resort in Cyprus
Due to the high volume of applicants that we receive we are not able to get back to every candidate. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to location own transport is essentialApply Now