Moorhill House Hotel, Burley
We are searching for an energetic, intuitive and passionate individual to take the position of General Assistant with the key role of delivering exceptional customer service to our guests.
Friendly, presentable and welcoming you’ll be someone who thrives on working in a fast paced environment and prides themselves on exceeding customer expectations.
The role will predominantly involve restaurant and bar work, however may also involve some housekeeping and reception duties. Conference & banqueting will also be part of the role.
Full-training will be given to the right candidate, with fantastic development opportunities. This would ideally suit someone looking to start their career in the hospitality industry.
- To provide a consistently high standard of service in all food & beverage departments with a genuine interest in food & drink.
- To be responsible for assisting the Duty Manger with a smooth operation of breakfast, lunch and dinner services, as well as restaurant and bar set-up/close down.
- To assist reception with check-in & check-out, porterage and general guest enquiries.
- To carry out conference host duties and to assist banqueting teams with set-up and service.
- Occasional housekeeping duties – Cleaning and servicing bedrooms.
This role is extremely varied and you’ll be expected to be involved in all areas of the hotel operations.
Skills & attributes:
- Strong work ethic & willingness to learn
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- A friendly & positive attitude
- Highly motivated & reliable
- Proactive and able to use own initiative
Salary & benefits:
- Salary: up to £16,684.00 depending on experience
- 40 hour contract, working 5 days out of 7 (Evening & weekends)
- 28 days holiday PA
- Uniform included
- Fantastic career development, training & opportunities
- Perk Box – access to the best perks from some of the UK’s biggest brands including discounts off your weekly shop.
- Cycle to work scheme – purchase yourself a new bike with generous discount and spread the cost
- Active Social Committee – Get involved in social events in and outside of work
- Excellent opportunities for training and development
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday per year plus a duvet day on your birthday
- Healthcare benefits – discounted private healthcare
- Staff loyalty card – rewarding you with discounts up to 50% off our products and services
- Free staff parking
- Escape to the sun and receive a discounted rate at our sister resort in Cyprus.
Due to the high volume of applicants that we receive we are not able to get back to every candidate. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.Apply Now