Deputy General Manager
Forest Lodge Hotel, Lyndhurst
Responsible for the day to day operation of the hotel, you’ll be an enthusiastic, energetic and optimistic individual who has a passion for the hospitality industry. Guiding, coaching and inspiring, you will play a key part in developing the team to ensure they are delivering exceptional customer service at all times.
You’ll support the General Manager in maximising revenue opportunities, controlling costs and ensuring the safety of guests and employees at all time.
Friendly, presentable and welcoming you’ll be someone who thrives on working in a fast paced environment and prides themselves on exceeding customer expectations.
The role will predominantly involve overseeing restaurant, bar and reception. Conference & banqueting will also be part of the role.
- To develop, train & inspire the team to deliver exceptional customer service – Communicating our brand values at all times
- To provide a consistently high standard of service in all food & beverage departments with a genuine interest in food & drink
- To oversee front of house including reception & housekeeping
- To uphold the consistency high level of standards in all areas of the hotel, following & implementing company procedures/policies
- Assist with maintain health and safety records
- This role is extremely varied and you’ll be expected to support the General Manager in overseeing all areas of the hotel operations
Skills & attributes:
- Previous management or supervisory experience
- Knowledge of reception, front office & reservations systems
- Strong work ethic & willingness to learn
- Knowledge of payroll, financial reporting & controlling costs
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- A friendly & positive attitude
- Highly motivated & reliable
- Proactive and able to use own initiative
Salary & benefits:
- Salary: up to £25,000 depending on experience plus profit share
- 48 hour contract, working 5 days out of 7 (Evening & weekends)
- Free meals on duty & uniform included
- Perk Box – access to the best perks from some of the UK’s biggest brands including discounts off your weekly shop.
- Cycle to work scheme – purchase yourself a new bike with generous discount and spread the cost
- Active Social Committee – Get involved in social events in and outside of work
- Excellent opportunities for training and development
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday per year plus a duvet day on your birthday
- Healthcare benefits – discounted private healthcare
- Staff loyalty card – rewarding you with discounts up to 50% off our products and services
- Free staff parking
- Escape to the sun and receive a discounted rate at our sister resort in Cyprus.
- Due to the high volume of applicants that we receive we are not able to get back to every candidate. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.