New Forest Hotels – Bar and Restaurant Supervisor – Forest Lodge Hotel, Lyndhurst
We are searching for an energetic, intuitive and passionate individual to take the role of Bar Supervisor with the key role of delivering exceptional customer service to our guests and ensuring the smooth running of the hotel restaurants operations during your shift.
Friendly, presentable and welcoming you’ll be someone who thrives on working in a fast paced environment and prides themselves on exceeding customer expectations.
The role will predominantly involve overseeing restaurant, bar and reception. Conference & banqueting will also be part of the role.
Full-training will be given to the right candidate, with fantastic development opportunities. This would ideally suit someone looking to start their career in the hospitality industry.
To provide a consistently high standard of service in all food & beverage departments with a genuine interest in food & drink.
To be responsible for assisting the Food & Beverage Manager and General Manager with a smooth operation of the bar, as well as restaurant and bar set-up/close down.
To oversee reception with check-in & check-out, porterage and general guest enquiries.
To oversee conference host duties and to assist banqueting teams with set-up and service.
This role is extremely varied and you’ll be expected to be involved in all areas of the hotel operations.
Skills & attributes:
Strong experience in front office, sales & reservations and a good knowledge of food & beverage operations Strong work ethic & willingness to learn on the job A friendly and positive attitude Highly motivated and reliable Proactive and able to use own initiative
Salary & benefits:
- Salary: £19,000 – £20,000 depending on experience
- Service charge is spread equally across the team and pay is topped up accordingly (during busy periods this can add substantially to your take home)
- Perk Box – access to the best perks from some of the UK’s biggest brands including discounts off your weekly shop
- Cycle to work scheme – purchase yourself a new bike with generous discount and spread the cost
- Active Social Committee – Get involved in social events in and outside of work
- Excellent opportunities for training and development
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday per year plus a duvet day on your birthday
- Healthcare benefits – discounted private healthcare
- Staff loyalty card – rewarding you with discounts up to 50% off our products and services
- Free staff parking
- Escape to the sun and receive a discounted rate at our sister resort in Cyprus
Due to the high volume of applicants that we receive we are not able to get back to every candidate. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.