An opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Apprentice to join our established hotel group based in the New Forest. This role would ideally suit a student looking to progress a career within finance. Hospitality is an exciting and varied sector and the successful applicant will have the opportunity to get some strong commercial experience.
You will benefit from working within a busy and vibrant team reporting directly to the Finance Director whilst undertaking well recognised apprenticeship training.
This would be a perfect opportunity for a happy, eager and self-motivated student to work with us towards their AAT qualification.
What you will be doing:
- Bank account reconciliation
- Other control account reconciliations
- Posting journals
- Entering purchase invoices and general purchase ledger duties
- Arranging supplier payments
- Cash management
- Safe checks
- Dealing with ad hoc queries
The role requires a compliant individual who is able to work accurately and communicate effectively with the hotel teams. The ideal candidate will be an organised and a confident character.
Salary & hours:
- £5 per hour with a guaranteed pay rise upon completing the first year of your apprenticeship
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- 20 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays and a duvet day on your birthday
- Perk Box – access to the best perks from some of the UK’s biggest brands including discounts off your weekly shop.
- Cycle to work scheme – purchase yourself a new bike with generous discount and spread the cost
- Active Social Committee – Get involved in social events in and outside of work
- Excellent opportunities for training and development
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare benefits – discounted private healthcare
- Staff loyalty card – rewarding you with discounts up to 50% off our products and services
- Free staff parking
- Escape to the sun and receive a discounted rate at our sister resort in Cyprus
Due to the high volume of applicants that we receive we are not able to get back to every candidate. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.