Our Home Recipes
“Simple and fun to make with the kids at home, these shortbread delights can also make lovely gifts for loved ones to let them know you’re thinking of them.” – Maja Palmer, Forest Lodge Pastry Chef.
310g butter (unsalted)
120g caster sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 175°c.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
3. Add the flour to the butter and mix until it becomes a smooth paste.
4. Roll the mixture into a sausage shape then roll out until about 1cm thick and cut into your desired shapes.
6. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes, remove, dust with sugar and leave to cool. To serve, sprinkle with a pinch of lavender or bind with string to make a lovely gift to leave on loved ones doorsteps.
Recipe by Maja Palmer, Forest Lodge Pastry Chef
|Gold 0+ points||Platinum 2,500+ points||Black 10,000+ points|
|Exclusive members only offers|
|Complimentary upgrade at check-in (when booked direct)|
|10% off cycle hire with Forest Leisure Cycling|
|15% off hotel bar drinks from 4pm-7pm|
|Up to 50% off Exbury Gardens and Steam Railway tickets|
|Up to 30% off Beaulieu National Motor Museum tickets|
|Up to 25% off Buckler’s Hard tickets|
|Up to 33% off New Forest Wildlife Park tickets|
|Up to 25% off Marwell Zoo tickets|
|10% off lunch bill at Burley Manor and The Drift Inn (Monday - Saturday)|
|Birthday treat - complimentary fizz when you dine and room upgrade (in month of birthday and when booked direct)|
|Choice of complimentary morning newspaper|
|Early check-in and late check-out privileges|
|10% off accommodation (when booked direct)|
|1015% off Temple Spa treatments||10%||15%|
|1015% off food||10%||15%|
|15% off drink||15%|
|10% off conference & events|
*All benefits are subject to availability and terms & conditions, attraction tickets must be purchased direct with us to receive discounts.