Our Home Recipes
Pea & Salmon Tagliatelle
“Creamy salmon tagliatelle is so easy to make at home. Taking just 20 minutes, this pasta recipe is perfect for busy days when you need healthy family food fast. Peas give it an extra veggie boost and added flavour. Perfect to enjoy al fresco for lunch or dinner.” – David Palmer, Collection Head Chef
600ml (1 pint) fish stock, can be shop-bought or homemade if you have time
50ml white wine
2 shallots, finely chopped
20g plain flour
150ml double cream
1 tbsp chopped parsley
Juice of 1/2 lemon,
Celery stick, chopped
Two handfuls of green peas
4 portions of salmon fillet
Handful of chopped dill
200g tagliatelle pasta
Homemade stock (Makes 1.2 l):
1kg fish bones or 500g of white fish such as whiting or coley cut into 2cm slices
2.25 l water
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 small fennel, chopped
100g celery, sliced
25g mushrooms, sliced
100g carrots, chopped
Handful of fresh thyme
1. Put the fish bones and water into a large pan and bring to boil – simmer gently for 20 minutes.
2. Strain through a fine sieve into a clean pan.
3. Add the vegetables and the thyme and bring back to boil.
4. Simmer for 30 minutes or until reduced to about 1.2 l.
5. Strain once more.
For the volute:
1. Fry chopped shallots and celery in butter until soft.
2. Add the flour and cook for a minute, stirring gently.
3. Gradually stir in the stock and bring to the boil.
4. While stirring add double cream and very gently simmer for 10 minutes, until the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
5. Add peas, dill, parsley and season with lemon juice, then keep on the low heat for about 3 minutes.
1. Heat up the oven at 170-175c.
2. Heat-up a pan, drizzled with olive oil.
3. Place salmon in the pan and sear it on both sides.
4. Move salmon onto a heatproof dish and put in the oven. Roast until cooked through.
5. Take it out of the oven and leave to cool down. When it’s room temperature, flake the fish down.
In a serving bowl place the cooked pasta and give it a drizzle of olive oil,
pour the volute in and stir it gently until all the pasta covered then add the salmon flakes. Gently stir to combine. Season with salt, ground black pepper and a sprinkling of dill.
Recipe by David Palmer, Collection Head Chef
|Gold 0+ points||Platinum 2,500+ points||Black 10,000+ points|
|Exclusive members only offers|
|Complimentary upgrade at check-in (when booked direct)|
|10% off cycle hire with Forest Leisure Cycling|
|15% off hotel bar drinks from 4pm-7pm|
|Up to 50% off Exbury Gardens and Steam Railway tickets|
|Up to 30% off Beaulieu National Motor Museum tickets|
|Up to 25% off Buckler’s Hard tickets|
|Up to 33% off New Forest Wildlife Park tickets|
|Up to 25% off Marwell Zoo tickets|
|10% off lunch bill at Burley Manor and The Drift Inn (Monday - Saturday)|
|Birthday treat - complimentary fizz when you dine and room upgrade (in month of birthday and when booked direct)|
|Choice of complimentary morning newspaper|
|Early check-in and late check-out privileges|
|10% off accommodation (when booked direct)|
|1015% off Temple Spa treatments||10%||15%|
|1015% off food||10%||15%|
|15% off drink||15%|
|10% off conference & events|
*All benefits are subject to availability and terms & conditions, attraction tickets must be purchased direct with us to receive discounts.