Treating Dad is often tricky, but this Father’s day we want to make things a little easier for you – Join us in the New Forest where there’s plenty of fun to be had by all. Whether you choose to go on a walking or cycling adventure, climb to the tree tops or visit one of the world’s most famous motor museums, the list is endless!
Here are 5 activities we’re sure Dad will love…
- 1. Put on your wellies or walking boots and head out for an afternoon adventure with your binoculars; the surrounding heathlands are a dry, warm insect haven habitat which makes it perfect breeding and nesting ground for an array of different birds. As well as the heathlands you can find birds in the woodlands and nature reserves. The diverse landscapes make it the perfect place to see an array of different birds from buzzards to kingfishers. There are around 100 species of breeding birds in the New Forest, with around 20 regular avian visitors which arrive or pass through the forest in the winter months.
- 2. If he’s a lover of real, local ale then a tour of Ringwood Brewery is a must. The tour includes a complimentary drink in their Pin Room, a tour of the brewery where you can taste the malted barleys, have a sniff of the hops, and see the fermentations bubbling away in the TunRoom. Afterwards take a little look in their store where you can buy up a firkin of 72 pints of your favourite ale – Cheers!
- 3. If you’d rather treat him to a spot of golf then there’s a variety of courses to choose from; surrounded by stunning scenery the New Forests golf courses are ideal for both seasoned golfers and beginners alike. Whether you’re looking for a 9 hole or 18 hole courses there are a variety on offer all with varying difficulty, so finding a course to suit you won’t be a problem. Golf in the New Forest is available for gentlemen, ladies, families and junior players.
For the more experienced golfer you can choose from a wide range of courses to test your ability and perfect for a little competition with dad! To discover all the different courses, click here.
- 4. If your Dad sees himself as a bit of a daredevil take him to Go Ape at Moors Valley Country Park, where he can take to the skies on the zip-wire adventure of a lifetime, leap off their Tarzan swing and tackle obstacles whilst enjoying some of Britain’s most breath-taking scenery.
- 5. Is he mad about cars? Then Beaulieu Motor Museum is the perfect attraction this Father’s Day! He’ll get the chance to see over 250 vehicles telling the story of motoring in Britain from its pioneering origins to present day; from earliest motor carriages to F1 racers. Explore the evolution of the motor car in this exciting display. Meet the Beaulieu crash test dummy and turn knobs and handles to see how gears, suspension and engines work.
After you’ve finished adventuring retreat back to us for an evening of delicious food and your favourite tipples – The best way to thank Dad!
We understand that life can get busy so if you’re short for time purchase one of our gift vouchers and celebrate when you can.