The Easter holidays are fast approaching and here in the New Forest there are plenty of attractions and activities for the whole family to enjoy, from holding baby animals to an Easter egg hunt…
- Exbury Gardens – Head to Exbury over the Easter holidays and share in their exciting interactive family fun. From bush craft and storytelling to perilous plant adventures and egg trails, there is something for everyone including the chance to win some golden ticket prizes! All events are free but normal garden admission applies.
- Cadbury Egg Hunt at Foxbury – If there is one thing that gets the kids excited at Easter it is an Easter egg hunt (or anything that involves chocolate!) Take on the explorer trail at Foxbury to discover the early signs of spring with their rangers, learn about their small feathered friends that live in the Forest, from where they nest to creepy crawlies they like to eat. There’ll also be some local visiting animals to make friends with. Afterwards there will be den building, chainsaw carving and tractors. You’ll be able to toast marshmallows by the fire, enjoy a BBQ and take home delicious Cadbury chocolate prizes.
- Longdown Activity Farm – When we think of Easter we think of spring which is the season of new-born animals and at Longdown Activity Farm you can feed and even hold some baby chicks, rabbits and maybe even a little piglet! As well as all the animal fun there are lots of brilliant farmyard buildings to explore and loads of fantastic indoor and outdoor play areas including the trampoline barn, a soft play area and The Farmer’s Straw Den.
- The Drift Inn – Our very own sister pub will be hosting a daily treasure hunt throughout the Easter holidays with chocolate prizes for the kids. Come on down and join us for family fun and tasty treats! We’ll also have scrumptious Easter inspired cakes to be enjoyed with coffee for £4.95. If you join us for lunch or dinner the kids will get a free ‘Easter Mess’ to enjoy after their main meal.
- Beaulieu National Motor Museum – Become a nature detective this Easter with lots of fun themed activities, plus, extra activities over the Easter weekend; look out for Mr. Nature Detective as he drives around the Beaulieu grounds in his Willys Jeep, plant your own cress whilst chatting to the Victorian gardener, go on a nature treasure hunt, see the giant griffin carving, tiptoe down the Millpond walk to spot the home of the flower fairies and you may even get to meet the Easter bunny!