We’re all used to British weather; we simply never know what it’s going to do. If you happen to join us for one of our rainy days then we’ve listed the top 5 things to do:
- Sit back, relax and enjoy the tranquillity of the New Forest from the comfort of our lounges. Order one of our traditional afternoon teas of chefs homemade sandwiches filled with your favourite fillings, sweet treats including passion fruit cheesecake and dark and white chocolate brownie, and of course accompanied by home baked scones with Dorset clotted cream and Naked strawberry Jam. Choose one of our speciality teas to complement all the treats or choose to add a glass of Champagne for £22.95 to really brighten up a dull day!
- All of our hotels have a heated indoor pool, so we recommend you take a dip for a morning of relaxation. There is nothing like a swim to release the stress of your shoulders. Afterwards, join us for a seasonal lunch in our restaurant, where our chef’s hand-craft dishes form local ingredients.
- If you fancy trying some more local dishes then head down to our sister pub, The Drift Inn, near Beaulieu for tasty traditional pub classics, local ales and your dog is also welcome here too!
- If you’re a lover of cider then a trip to New Forest Cider Farm and Tea Rooms in Burley where you can take your time browsing a variety of traditional produce including, preserves, country wines, handmade pottery, apple juice and their range of sparkling ciders and perry. Whilst you’re there you can sample their cider straight from the barrel, whilst learning about how the cider was made.
- Lastly, the most popular attraction in the New Forest is Beaulieu Motor Museum, situated just down the road in the heart of Beaulieu. Here you can see over 250 vehicles telling the story of motoring in Britain from its pioneering origins to the present day; from the earliest motor carriages to F1 racers. If looking at famous cars doesn’t take your fancy then why not explore their palace house. It’s a fantastic sample of a Victorian gothic style home with costumed guides available to give you a flavour of life ‘below the stairs’.
Finish the day in one of our award-winning restaurants for a delicious dinner before heading up to bed for a peaceful night’s sleep.